Community Waves prides itself on our ability to engage with hard-to-reach and under-represented communities.
Engaging with seldom heard groups
Over the last few years, we have gathered a wealth of understanding about appropriate engagement techniques for seldom heard groups. We have achieved this by working with a network of community groups to advise us, help recruit participants and to aid facilitation if necessary. Our flexible approach ensures that every group can have a voice to explain their everyday lives, issues or needs for public services.
Groups of people we have worked with over the last few years include:
- people with learning difficulties and disabilities, including special educational needs
- Black Minority and Ethnic Groups
- homeless people
- people who do not speak English as their first language
Engaging with children and young people
Community Waves specialises in engagement with children and young people, ensuring that they are listened to and involved in the decisions that affect their lives. Our experience allows us to actively engage children, young people and families and use their views to inform plans and improve outcomes for both individuals and services. We have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure their views are heard and make a difference.
Recently we have carried out workshops hearing young people’s understanding of mental health and their perceptions of healthy relationships. In the last few years we have spoken to thousands of children in the London Boroughs of Bromley and Lewisham.
If you are interested in working in partnership with Community Waves please contact us on 020 8690 5012 or email email@example.com
- RT @HWBromley: Interested in the future of your health and care services? Hear about important plans for services in Bromley. https://t.co/…over a year ago
- RT @HWBromley: We've launched a Feedback Centre, where you can share your experiences of local services easier than ever before. https://t.…over a year ago
- RT @younglewisham: Thanks for a very informative & interactive session today @HWLewisham. Our young people enjoyed it! https://t.co/wlDd…over a year ago
- RT @HWLewisham: Mat making smoothies at Downham Celebrates! @DownhamHLC https://t.co/L3O0udCMLqover a year ago