Community Waves prides itself on our ability to engage with hard-to-reach and under-represented communities.
Engaging with seldom heard groups
Over the last few years, we have gathered a wealth of understanding about appropriate engagement techniques for seldom heard groups. We have achieved this by working with a network of community groups to advise us, help recruit participants and to aid facilitation if necessary. Our flexible approach ensures that every group can have a voice to explain their everyday lives, issues or needs for public services.
Groups of people we have worked with over the last few years include:
- people with learning difficulties and disabilities, including special educational needs
- Black Minority and Ethnic Groups
- homeless people
- people who do not speak English as their first language
Engaging with children and young people
Community Waves specialises in engagement with children and young people, ensuring that they are listened to and involved in the decisions that affect their lives. Our experience allows us to actively engage children, young people and families and use their views to inform plans and improve outcomes for both individuals and services. We have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure their views are heard and make a difference.
Recently we have carried out workshops hearing young people’s understanding of mental health and their perceptions of healthy relationships. In the last few years we have spoken to thousands of children in the London Boroughs of Bromley and Lewisham.
If you are interested in working in partnership with Community Waves please contact us on 020 8690 5012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @HWLewisham: Do you have a long-term lung condition and live in Lewisham? On #WorldCOPDDay we are asking residents to help improve the…84 days ago
- RT @HealthwatchE: We'd like to say well done also to the highly commended Healthwatch for their work on giving people the advice and inform…116 days ago
- RT @diabetesbooking: Diabetes courses help people stay healthy and reduce life-changing complications. Diabetes Book & Learn in south Londo…116 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: We're pleased to announce that our "Assessing Complaints Information" project was highly commended at the #Healthwatch2019…116 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: Have you ever used the Lung, Exercise and Education Programme (LEEP) in #Lewisham? We are wanting to hear the experiences…116 days ago