Diabetes Peer Support Groups
In 2017/18 , we were commissioned by Lewisham CCG to set up a peer support project for people with Type 2 diabetes who might not access other provision.
The peer groups provided participants with support, to manage their conditions, increase their awareness of living with diabetes, signpost to services or community provision that supported their condition. In addition, any feedback on services would be collected.
We implemented a recruitment and training programme to support the engagement of adults, their families and carers from a range of hard to reach and underrepresented communities in the borough.
Through our support groups, 55 Lewisham residents received support and advice around exercise, nutrition, motivation and mental wellbeing, to help manage their condition.
For more information about this project, please contact Folake Segun on 020 8690 5012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @HWLewisham: Do you have a long-term lung condition and live in Lewisham? On #WorldCOPDDay we are asking residents to help improve the…83 days ago
- RT @HealthwatchE: We'd like to say well done also to the highly commended Healthwatch for their work on giving people the advice and inform…115 days ago
- RT @diabetesbooking: Diabetes courses help people stay healthy and reduce life-changing complications. Diabetes Book & Learn in south Londo…115 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: We're pleased to announce that our "Assessing Complaints Information" project was highly commended at the #Healthwatch2019…115 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: Have you ever used the Lung, Exercise and Education Programme (LEEP) in #Lewisham? We are wanting to hear the experiences…115 days ago