Who we are
Community Waves specialises in effective engagement and involvement that impacts on community wellbeing and development. The data controller of personal information collected via this website is Community Waves. References to “we” or “us” below are to this website.
This privacy statement covers this Community Website website. This statement does not cover links within this website to other websites.
Information we collect
We collect personal information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms and every time you email us your details.
When you simply browse through the information on this website, it does not store or capture your personal information. We do log your IP address (as it is automatically recognised by the web server) but this is so you can download this website onto your device rather than for any tracking purpose.
We will only collect personal information volunteered by you, such as:
- feedback from surveys and online forms
- email addresses
- preferred means of communication
We will always take necessary steps to ensure that your information is protected and treated securely. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and our data protection policy (part of our overall Information Governance Policy) and code of practice on confidential and personal information.
Purposes for which we use the information collected
Personal information about you will be used for the following purposes:
- in our day-to-day work;
- to respond to any queries you may have;
This may include any personal information that you choose to share with us, but we will treat this as confidential and protect it accordingly.
We will never include your personal information in survey reports.
How to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of it, please get in touch with us.
- RT @HWLewisham: Do you have a long-term lung condition and live in Lewisham? On #WorldCOPDDay we are asking residents to help improve the…8 days ago
- RT @HealthwatchE: We'd like to say well done also to the highly commended Healthwatch for their work on giving people the advice and inform…40 days ago
- RT @diabetesbooking: Diabetes courses help people stay healthy and reduce life-changing complications. Diabetes Book & Learn in south Londo…40 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: We're pleased to announce that our "Assessing Complaints Information" project was highly commended at the #Healthwatch2019…40 days ago
- RT @HWLewisham: Have you ever used the Lung, Exercise and Education Programme (LEEP) in #Lewisham? We are wanting to hear the experiences…40 days ago